Rain Bird - ESP-ME Series 4 Station WIFI Enabled Indoor Controller
- With 4 independent programs, 6 start times per program and powerful advanced features, the ESP-Me can be easily tailored to meet the needs of the most demanding landscapes.
- The oversized display and intuitive dial make it easy to train a novice user.
- With 4-22 station scalability, the ESP-Me has the highest station count in its class. Now your crew installs the same controller on a wider variety of job sites.
- Previous Part Numbers: ESP4MEI-X
Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller Gives You Flexible and Smart Control Over Your Irrigation Systems
Whether you’re installing for a residential client or a light commercial job site, the Rain Bird ESP-Me controller is designed to give you the versatility you need. The more stations you add, the more you save, providing you and your customers with more value for the money.
Extra Simple Programming Makes the Rain Bird ESP-Me the Only Controller You’ll Ever Need
For more than 70 years, the world’s top irrigation contractors have chosen Rain Bird for the highest quality products and services available worldwide.
Rain Bird believes in the Intelligent Use of Water™ and develops products and technologies that use water efficiently. The ESP-Me is no exception. Building on Rain Bird’s legendary Extra Simple Programming, the ESP-Me controller offers a broad range of water-saving features that are so easy to use. This controller gives you the highest station count in its class and new features so easy to use that you’ll actually use them. With the freedom to install the same controller on various sites, you will grow your customer base like never before.
Best of all, you can upgrade the ESP-Me by simply installing an LNK™ WiFi Module without having to replace the entire unit.
Make your controller SMART by adding the EPA WaterSense labeled LNK WiFi module and WR2 rain sensor.
Tailored Watering Schedules
Extra Simple Programming makes it easy for you to meet each landscape’s unique needs.
The ESP-Me can do it all, saving you valuable time and labor. The scalability of the ESP-Me and the choice of installing either 3 or 6 station modules mean more flexibility for any landscape.
Is Mother Nature doing the watering for you? Are you having a party and want to make sure the landscape is dry? Easily postpone irrigation for up to 14 days. Normal irrigation will resume automatically.
Bypass Rain Sensor by Station
Got a landscaped area under an eave or deck? Bypass the rain sensor for that station(s)—or the entire landscape.
Seasonal Adjust by Program
When the seasons change, change with them. Reduce watering to as little as 5% of your scheduled program times or increase it to 200%. Apply to all programs or each program individually.
Total Run Time Calculator by Program
Calculate the specific amount of time the controller is scheduled to run for a given program. Use it to ensure morning watering is finished before the family wakes up or reduce your run time to comply with water restrictions.
Short Detect/Programming Errors
The ESP-Me visually notifies you of electrical and programming issues with a bright red LED and scrolling messages across the LCD display. The ESP-Me controller will reset or clear when the error is corrected.
When an electrical error is detected, irrigation for the affected station is canceled, and watering advances to the next operable station in the program.
The controller will attempt to water the affected station again at the next scheduled watering. Completing a successful watering will clear the error condition associated with that station.
Need an easy way to turn on the system? The ESP-Me offers one-touch watering. With the dial in the AUTO position, just press and hold the right teardrop arrow button.
Simply save your programs after setup. If the original watering schedule is overwritten in error, easily restore it in just two steps.
User-Friendly Rain Bird Design
The new ESP-Me is easy on the eyes, featuring vibrant colors, an intuitive dial, and a bright LCD. And with legendary Extra Simple Programming and the Rain Bird reliability you trust, it’s the same easy setup, just better.
The indoor model comes with a wall plug-in transformer that can only be used for indoor mounting, while the outdoor model comes with an internal transformer and lead wires for direct wiring to your power source. The outdoor model can be used either outdoor or indoor.
- 4 station base capability, expandable up to 22 stations using hot-swappable 3 or 6 station expansion modules (sold separately)
- 4 individual programs with 6 independent start times per program
- Large LCD with easy to navigate user interface and dial
- Rain Sensor input with override capability
- Non-volatile (100 year) storage memory saves current programming. No battery required.
- 10-year life lithium battery saves controller time and date during power outages
- One-touch manual watering
- Delay watering up to 14 days
- Water-saving, one-touch seasonal adjustment from 5% to 200%
- Master valve/pump start circuit
- Advanced diagnostics and short detection with LED alert
- Flexible watering schedule options
Additional Special Features are available, including:
- Reset to Factory Defaults
- Save and Restore Saved Programs
See the Special Features Card, included with the ESP-Me Controller, for more information.
- Station timing: 1 MIN to 6 HRS
- Seasonal Adjust; 5% to 200%
- Max operating temperature: 149°F (65°C)
- Input required: 120 VAC ± 10%, 60Hz
(International models; 230/240 VAC ± 10%, 50/60Hz )
- Output: 25.5 VAC 1A
- Master Valve/Pump Start Relay
Operating Voltage: 24VAC 50/60Hz
Max Coil Inrush: 11VA
Max Coil Holding: 5VA
- Idle/Off power draw 0.06 A at 120VAC
- Power back-up not required. Non-volatile memory permanently saves the current programming, and a 10-year lithium battery maintains the controller’s time and date during power outages.
- UL, cUL, CE, CSA, C-Tick, FCC Part 15b, WEEE, S-Mark, IP24
- Width: 10.7" (27,2 cm)
- Height: 7.7" (19,5 cm)
- Depth: 4.4" (11,2 cm)
Enjoy the Benefits of Extra Stations on Top of Extra Savings
With 4- to 22-station scalability, the Rain Bird ESP-Me can help you serve a wide range of customers, from residential to light commercial.
As your station count increases, so do your savings.
The high station count of the new ESP-Me makes it the absolute best value in the industry. The more stations you add to the ESP-Me, the more money you and your customers save versus competitive controllers.
Handle a wide range of jobs with a single controller.
Your crew can now install the same controller on various job sites, saving you time and labor while reducing your callbacks.
Fewer parts mean money in your pocket.
Handle any job up to 22 stations with just a few parts—the ESP-Me controller, 3- and 6-station expansion modules.
Save time with legendary Extra Simple Programming.
Extra Simple Programming makes it easy for your crew and even homeowners to tailor a watering schedule to each landscape’s unique needs. With the controller up and running more quickly, you’ll be moving on to the next job sooner than you think.
Rest assured with proven Rain Bird performance.
The ESP-Me delivers the reliability that you and your customers can trust. Fewer callbacks mean more referrals and time for you to focus on growing your business.