Vegetation managers and foresters rely on Garlon® 4 Ultra specialty herbicide to control unwanted weeds, brush and trees beneath electrical power lines; along railroad beds, roadsides and pipelines; and in commercial forestry and wildlife openings, including grazed areas on these sites. Garlon 4 Ultra is an advanced formulation that contains no petroleum distillates. Instead, a methylated seed oil is used as the solvent.
The industry standard for basal cut-stump, basal bark and dormant stem treatments, delivering excellent broad-spectrum control of woody plants even after other products call it quits for the season.
- Patented, nonpetroleum-based, plant-derived seed oil solvent, reducing environmental impact
- Demonstrates increased efficacy on multiple woody species, including mesquite, sweetgum and scotch broom compared to other formulations of triclopyr ester
- Increased application window allows crews to work year-around
- Broad-spectrum control of brush and broadleaf weeds
- Low odor
- Available in returnable, refillable containers through Continuum® Prescription Control & Container Management System
- Federally non-restricted use pesticide
The active ingredient in Garlon 4 Ultra disrupts the growth process within a plant by affecting hormones unique to plants. Garlon 4 Ultra does not have a similar effect on animals or insects. In mammals, it passes through their body unchanged and unabsorbed.
The active ingredient, triclopyr, works like a growth regulator found only in plants. It enters treated vegetation through leaves, stems and bark, and uses the plant’s own transportation system to move into the roots and leaves. It induces rapid growth, which disrupts food production and causes the plant to die from lack of nutrients.
Garlon® 4 Ultra specialty herbicide is broken down by soil microorganisms (fungi and bacteria). Final breakdown products are carbon dioxide, water and other organic materials. The breakdown rate depends on rainfall, soil temperature and how these factors impact soil microorganism activity — the main cause of breakdown. The time required to break down 50% of the active ingredient in soil ranges from 30-45 days.
Active Ingredient: Triclopyr
For Use On:
- Industrial manufacturing and storage sites
- Rights-of way
- Electrical power lines
- Communication lines
- Fence rows
- Non-irrigation ditch banks
- In the establishment and maintenance of wildlife openings
- See Label for complete list of use sites
- Ground Ivy
- Wild Violet
- See Label for complete list of controlled woody and broadleaf plants
Broadcast Application with Ground Equipment:
Woody Plants: 4-8 QT in enough water to make 5 GAL or more/ACRE of total spray
Broadleaf Weed Control: 1-4 QT in a total volume of 5 GAL or more/ACRE as a water spray mixture. Apply anytime weeds are actively growing.
See Label for complete application rates.
Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
Do no harvest hay for 14 days after application.
See Label for complete restrictions.
Product Label Download SDS