Syngenta - Velista Fungicide - 22 OZ BTL
- Controls 14 key turf diseases
- Provides disease control for 14-21 days
- Water-dispersible granular (WDG) formulation allows for easy mixing and application
- Outstanding control for spring and fall clean-up
- Excellent control of summer stress diseases
- Sold Individually. Manufacturer Pack Size = 6
Velista Fungicide is the Broadest Spectrum SDHI Fungicide in the Golf Market
Managing disease won't be so puzzling with Velista fungicide- the SDHI that controls the broadest spectrum of diseases, including anthracnose, spring dead spot, and fairy ring. Ideal for turfgrass disease control on golf courses, residential, institutional, park and recreation areas, and sod farms.
Get Innovative Spring Dead Spot and Fairy Ring Protection from Syngenta
Velista fungicide is a broad-spectrum fungicide. This water dispersible granule can be applied as a foliar or broadcast treatment to control listed diseases on turf use sites specified on the label. The active ingredient, penthiopyrad, inhibits fungal respiration by binding and is not cross-resistant with other classes of fungicide chemistry. When used in rotation with Briskway fungicide, Velista delivers excellent control of summer stress diseases on greens when temperatures shift from warm to hot. These products are also sold as a Velista + Briskway Multipak. Apply Velista preventatively. Begin applications when conditions favor disease development.
- Golf Courses
- Residential and Commercial Lawns
- Park and Recreational Areas
- Sod Farms
- See Velista fungicide label for complete list
- Dollar Spot
- Brown Patch
- Red Thread
- Snow Molds
- See Velista fungicide label for complete list
Do not apply this product in commercial nurseries and greenhouses. Do not apply directly to water or to areas where surface water is present. Read and follow label for complete details and application instructions.
An Innovative Solution for Taking on Fairy Ring with Syngenta Velista Fungicide
Fairy ring is unique because its symptoms are not directly caused by fungal pathogens. Instead, fairy ring pathogens cause symptoms indirectly by changing the chemical and physical properties of the soil. The causes and symptoms can vary, which is why curative fungicide applications can be unreliable. For best control of fairy ring, a preventive strategy should be used.
Velista fungicide is recommended as the foundation of a comprehensive fungicide program to help prevent fairy ring. For best results controlling fairy ring, water in 0.7 OZ of Velista/1000 SQ FT. A watered-in application of Velista will also control several other important soilborne diseases like summer patch, spring dead spot, and Rhizoctonia zeae. To control foliar diseases like brown patch, dollar spot, and anthracnose, foliar applications of Velista must be made.
Keys to Effective Fairy Ring Control-
- Maintain regular, preventive applications throughout the season.
- Initiate applications early in the season when soil temperatures reach 55°F to 60°F.
- Deliver the active ingredient to the infested zone of the soil profile.
- Apply soil surfactants regularly to maintain soil conditions and turf health.
- Preventive fungicide applications do not require tank-mixing with a soil surfactant, but curative applications generally do.
- Determine how deep fairy ring infestation is for watering-in product applications.
- 0.1-0.15” of irrigation is needed if limited to the thatch layer.
- 0.25” of irrigation if 2-3” deep in soil.
- Repeat applications at regular intervals to maintain consistent suppression in the soil. Fungicides are a long-term, preventive approach, not a short-term fix.
Take on the Most Destructive Disease of Bermudagrass- Spring Dead Spot Solutions
Spring dead spot is the most destructive disease of bermudagrass and is becoming more common in zoysiagrass. Although symptoms appear in spring, treating the turf preventively in the fall before it goes dormant is essential for protection.
Keys to Effective Spring Dead Spot Control-
- Make applications before the turf goes dormant so the active ingredient can be absorbed and translocated
- Curative applications made in the spring when symptoms are evident generally have little effect on the disease
- Water-in immediately to quickly deliver the active ingredient into the thatch and soil where the pathogen is active
Velista and Headway fungicides are innovative choices that provide superintendents with support in controlling spring dead spot. In addition to spring dead spot, fall applications of Velista have been shown to enhance spring green-up and provide excellent control of other diseases like cream leaf blight, fairy ring, and Rhizoctonia zeae. Additionally, Headway also helps control leaf spot, Pythium blight, and Microdochium patch and helps improve winter turf quality.