Reinders - Deluxe 50 Lawn Seed Mix - 25 LB Bag
- Will persist on non-irrigated sites that have wide variations in environmental conditions
- Will produce a well-knit sod and withstand moderately heavy traffic
- Provides shade tolerance, low fertility persistance, drought tolerance, and disease resistance
- New Seeding: Rotary or Drop Spreader 150-200 LBS/ACRE
- Overseeding Slicer/seeder: 20-50% existing Cover - 100-125 LBS/ACRE (50-75% existing cover – 75–100 LBS/ACRE)
- Seeding Depth: 1/8-1/2"
- Sold Individually. Manufacturer Pallet Size = 40 Bags
Reinders Deluxe 50 Lawn Seed Mix is formulated for areas where a predominant bluegrass turf is desired, yet where minimum maintenance is desired. Deluxe 50 will persist on non-irrigated sites that have wide variations in environmental conditions. Wicked and Fiesta 4 Perennial Ryegrass provide a quick ground cover and soil stabilization with quality and disease resistance that is vastly superior to unimproved perennial ryegrasses. The sod quality Kentucky Bluegrass and the named variety of Kentucky Bluegrass produce a well-knit sod and withstand moderately heavy traffic. Creeping Red Fescue provides shade tolerance, low fertility persistence and drought tolerance and disease resistance. This mixture combines good quality turf and longterm persistence with moderate maintenance requirements, making this a good grass seed choice.
Deluxe 50 will achieve adequate density and a medium dark green color with two to three fertilizations per season. It will do well under lower fertility programs, but to achieve a higher quality turf an increased fertility program is needed. A mowing height of 2-3" is recommended for maximum drought tolerance and weed resistance. This mixture should not be mowed below 1-1/2".
20% Kentucky Bluegrass (Sod Quality)
10% Mercury Kentucky Bluegrass
20% Named Kentucky Bluegrass
25% Creeping Red Fescue
15% Wicked Perennial Ryegrass
10% Fiesta 4 Perennial Ryegrass
For Use On
Deluxe 50 is designed for new seeding of large areas where initial cost must be kept low and where elite Bluegrass cultivars are not required. Major areas of use will include:
- School grounds
- Golf course roughs
- Home lawns
- Institutional grounds
- Utility turf areas
- Deluxe 50 is suited for sunny or shady areas and thrives in many different soil types
New Seeding: Rotary or Drop Spreader 150-200 LBS/ACRE
20-50% Existing Cover 100-125 LBS/ACRE
50-75% existing cover 75 – 100 LBS/ACRE
Seeding Depth: 1/8-1/2"