The Zurn Wilkins P1500XL Calibrated Pressure Relief Valve is installed on cold water service lines to protect against excessive pressure buildup. The P1500XL is for pressure only and should be used in conjunction with other temperature limiting devices.
Ideal where Lead-Free* valves are required. Designed for installation on cold water service lines as a means of protection
against excessive pressure buildup. These devices are for
pressure only and should be used in conjunction with other
temperature limiting devices. Also suitable for static relief, low
capacity pump relief, passive solar, thermal expansion relief
and other similar uses in commercial and industrial applications.
- Certified to NSF/ANSI 372* by IAPMO R&T
- *(0.25% MAX. WEIGHTED AVERAGE LEAD CONTENT)
- Main valve body - Low Lead Cast Bronze
- Access covers - Brass
- Internals - Stainless Steel, Brass
- Elastomers - Silicone, Buna Nitrile
- Springs - Stainless steel
- Maximum working water pressure - 175 PSI
- Maximum working water temperature - 210°F
- Hydrostatic test pressure - 175 PSI
- Threaded connections - (MNPT x FNPT) ANSI B1.20.1
- (Available 1/2" FNPT outlet only)
Local codes shall govern installation requirements. Unless otherwise specified, the assembly shall be mounted in accordance
with the manufacturers’ instructions and the latest edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code. Assembly shall be installed with
adequate drain and sufficient side clearance for testing and maintenance. The installation shall be made so that no part of the
unit can be submerged or where relief valve discharge could cause damage.
The Pressure Relief Valve shall be certified to NSF/ANSI 372, consisting of a low lead bronze body and an internally-loaded
"poppet" type pressure sensing member. The main body shall have a male pipe thread on the inlet and a female pipe thread
on the outlet. The Pressure Relief Valve shall be a ZURN WILKINS Model P1500XL, P1520XL or P1550XL.