1" Reduced Pressure Zone Assembly with elbow fittings for 360º rotation
Series 009 Reduced Pressure Zone Assemblies are designed to protect potable water supplies in accordance with national plumbing codes and water authority requirements. This series is designed to protect drinking water supplies from dangerous cross-connections in accordance with national plumbing codes and water authority requirements for non-potable service applications such as irrigation, fireline, or industrial processing.
This series features two in-line, independent check valves, captured springs and replaceable check seats with an intermediate relief valve. Its compact modular design facilitates easy maintenance and assembly access. Sizes 1⁄4" – 1" shutoffs have tee handles.
- Single access cover and modular check construction for ease of maintenance
- Top entry - all internals immediately accessible
- Captured springs for safe maintenance
- Internal relief valve for reduced installation clearances
- Replaceable seats for economical repair
- Bronze body construction for durability 1⁄4" – 2"
- Ball valve test cocks — screwdriver slotted 1⁄4" – 2"
- Large body passages provides low pressure drop
- Compact, space saving design
- No special tools required for servicing
A Reduced Pressure Zone Assembly shall be installed at each potential health hazard location to prevent backflow due to backsiphonage and/or backpressure. The assembly shall consist of an internal pressure differential relief valve located in a zone between two positive seating check modules with captured springs and silicone seat discs. Seats and seat discs shall be replaceable in both check modules and the relief valve. There shall be no threads or screws in the waterway exposed to line fluids. Service of all internal components shall be through a single access bronze cover secured with stainless steel bolts. The assembly shall also include two resilient seated isolation valves, four resilient seated test cocks and an air gap drain fitting. The assembly shall meet the requirements of: USC; ASSE Std. 1013; AWWA Std. C511-92; CSA B64.4. Shall be a Watts Series 009.
Bronze body construction, silicone rubber disc material in the first and second check plus the relief valve. Replaceable polymer check seats for first and second checks. Removable stainless steel relief valve seat. Stainless steel cover bolts. Standardly furnished with NPT body connections. For optional bronze union inlet and outlet connections, specify prefix U (1⁄2" – 2"). Series 009QT furnished with quarter turn, full port, resilient seated, bronze ball valve shutoffs.
Pressure / Temperature
Series 009 1⁄4" – 2" Suitable for supply pressure up to 175psi (12.1 bar). Water temperature: 33°F – 180°F (0.5°C – 75°C).
- ASSE No. 1013
- AWWA C511-92
- CSA B64.4
- IAPMO File No. 1563.
- ASSE, AWWA, CSA, IAPMO
- Approved by the Foundation for Cross-Connection Control and Hydraulic Research at the University of Southern California.
- UL Classified 3⁄4" – 2"
- (LF models only except 009M3LF)