Get the essential soil information you need, when you need it. Stay up to date on your current soil conditions no matter where you are. Get the information you need to make important decisions in real time. Turf Guard sensors instantly track soil moisture, salinity, and temperature, saving you time. Repeaters mount easily inside all Toro® Network VP®, Network LTC® Plus and E-OSMAC® satellite pedestals. Typical repeater range of 5,000' and buried sensor range of 500' (line of sight).
Reduce Water Usage and Improve Playability
Monitor moisture levels and adjust irrigation without risking turf quality. Promote root growth by avoiding over watering. Detect dry areas before it impacts the turf’s health.
100% Wireless Network
No wires between the repeaters and the sensors, or the sensor and the probes means that sensors can be installed anywhere on the course without disrupting play. Install sensors without having to trench or pull wires.
Take the Guesswork out of Managing Salinity
Track salt build-up and schedule flushing as needed. Get positive confirmation that your flushing reduced soil salts. Know when and how much water to flush with.
- Two distinct depths in the soil profile – critical root zone level and a second 5” lower. Independent measurements from each depth.
- MESH routing technology offers complete coverage even in remote canyon courses.
- Repeater mounts in most Toro irrigation satellite pedestals. An external repeater is available for other models including non-Toro pedestals.
- Supports up to 500 sensors per course
- Sensor reading sent every 5 minutes.
- Automatic network configuration and failure recovery.
- Plots trends and compares historical and current readings.
- Lynx® Control System integration
- Input Power:
- Repeater: <.02A @ 6 VDC
- Base Station: <.1A @ 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Station output power: 24 V ac; 3.0 amps (72 VA) total
- UL and CE approved
- Operating: 32º F to 140º F
- Storage: -22º F to 180º F