Rain Bird® 1800-SAM-P45 Series Spray Heads are ideal for use in areas with changing elevations. The built-in Seal-A-Matic™ (SAM) check valve saves water by eliminating low head drainage from spray heads located at the base of slopes or hillsides.
Co-molded, pressure-activated, multi-functional wiper seal assures positive seal without excess “flow-by” which enables more heads to be installed on the same valve.
- Maintains constant outlet pressure at 45 PSI. Ensures maximum nozzle performance, even with varying inlet pressures. Maintains constant pressure regardless of nozzles used.
- Unlike competitive PRS sprays, Rain Bird PRS sprays adjust to fluctuating pressure, optimizing flow and promoting a more consistent spray pattern.
- Ensures consistent performance throughout zone if nozzle is removed or damaged. Keeps plant life covered by other spray heads properly irrigated.
- Ends misting and fogging caused by high pressure. Stops water waste. Ensures necessary watering occurs in high pressure or wind conditions.
- Built-in Seal-A-Matic™ (SAM) check valve. Eliminates the need for under-the-head check valves. No parts to be installed at the site.
- Traps water in lateral pipes in elevation changes of up to 14’ (4,2 m). Reduces wear on system components by minimizing water hammer during start-up.
- Prevents drainage from spray heads at lower elevations. Stops water waste. Ends landscape damage due to flooding and/or erosion.
- All sprinkler components are removable from the top without special tools, providing for quick and easy flushing and maintenance of the sprinkler.
- Constructed of time-proven UV-resistant plastic and corrosion resistant stainless steel parts, assuring long product life.
- “SAM-PRS” stamped on cap for easy identification and maintenance.
- Regulates nozzle pressure to an average 45 psi (3.1 bar) with inlet pressures of up to 70 PSI (4.8 bar)
- SAM capability: holds up to 14’ (4.2 m) of head; 6 PSI (0.3 bar)
- Flow-by: 0 at 8 PSI (0.6 bar) or greater; 0.1 gpm (0.02 m3 /h; 0.006 l/s) otherwise
- Installation: bottom inlet only
- Spacing: 13-24’ (4.0 to 7.3 m)
- Pressure: 25-70 PSI (1.7 to 4.8 bar)