Sure Power Herbicide Gives You the Power to Control the Uncontrollable
Get post-emergent control over an impressive array of some of the most stubborn broadleaf weeds when you use Nufarm Sure Power Herbicide. This new standard in herbicide power is a four-way formulation is a valued tool in the pursuit of clean cool-season turf.
A Key Player in Your Season-Long Weed Control Program of Cool-Season Turf
Sure Power is a new selective herbicide tool with increased speed and spectrum to manage tough to control weeds. It has fast post-emergence activity on sedges along with annual and perennial grasses and broadleaf weeds – including creeping bentgrass, crabgrass, nimbleweed, goosegrass, and foxtail. Gain control where you need it most as broad-spectrum Sure Power is proven to produce excellent control of ground ivy and wild violet. This effective herbicide is sure to become your go-to whether you’re treating residential lawns or golf courses.
- Outperforms the competition in ground ivy and wild violet control
- Proven efficacy on more than 250 broadleaf weeds
- Rainfast after one hour
- Rapid knockdown with visible results starting in 2-3 days
- First flumioxazin formulation for cool-season turf
- Group 4 and 14 herbicides support resistance management
- Easy-to-mix, reduced-odor formulation
Nufarm specifically formulated Surepower Herbicide to work well in rotation with some of their other products, like Escalade 2, for the most robust defense against weeds all season long. Start with Escalade 2 early-season, then follow with Sure Power after turf is hardened off, generally June 15 to September 15. Following this rotation order will keep lawns looking their best.
2,4-D; Butoxyethyl Ester of Triclopyr; 1-Methylheptyl Ester of Fluroxypyr; Flumioxazin
- Residential Lawns
- Golf Courses
- Turfgrass (Cool-Season)
- Industrial Areas
- See Sure Power label for complete details
- Creeping Charlie
- Wild Violet
- See Sure Power herbicide label for complete list
Wild Violet Control Trial-
Sure Power Herbicide provides outstanding broadleaf weed control, including wild violet control. After 39 days, Sure Power delivered 98% control. That’s nearly double the control of leading competitors.
Ground Ivy Control Trial-
Sure Power Herbicide delivers broadleaf weed kill, including excellent ground ivy control. Sure Power acts fast with noticeable results in as little as three days. Plus, its season-long ground ivy control tops its competitors – even 56 days after treatment, at half the application rate.
Post-emergent application. For best results, turf should not be mowed for one day before or after application. Apply when weeds are small in size and actively growing. Do not apply through any irrigation system. Do not use on golf course greens or tees. See Sure Power herbicide label for complete details and application instructions.
Apply Sure Power® in 0.2 to 5.5 gallons of water per 1,000 sq ft to control weeds growing in Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, and fescue species. For best results, apply when weeds are small in size and actively growing. Use lower application rate for control of sensitive weeds and higher application rates for dense infestations of perennial weeds. During conditions that promote heat stress, use lower rates.
The Right Time to Spray-
- Focus broadcast Sure Power applications when turf is hardened-off (June 15 – September 15)
- Air and soil temperatures are warmer (consistently)
- Grass dries faster
- Turfgrass cuticles are thicker, and plants have additional protection on their leaves
- Emergence of most key target weeds for Sure Power has occurred
Precautionary Tips for Success:
Refer to the precautionary language on the Sure Power label for practices to avoid
- Do not tank mix with any other products, fertilizers, or surfactants
- Use caution when applying to ensure no spray solution collects on the tires of application equipment
- Assure that spray is completely dry before entering treated areas as accumulation on tires can lead to tracking
- Avoid applications during conditions of fog, high moisture, and wet foliage
- Avoid applications for at least 14 days following freezing conditions or frost
The maximum rate per application is 3.5 pt/A, and the maximum seasonal rate is 7.25 pt/A per year. Do not apply more than two broadcast applications to the same treatment site per year, excluding spot treatments. The minimum treatment interval between applications is 30 days.
See label for complete directions for use, precautions, and restrictions.