Product Label Download SDS
This innovative granule is approved for broadcast lawn, perimeter and mound treatments, making it a versatile and valuable component of your ongoing pest control program.
Dependable insect control designed with pros in mind.
- Formulated with FMC bifenthrin plus FMC zeta-cypermethrin for enhanced speed
- Proven to control fire ants in 15 MIN or less
- Controls chinch bugs, many ants (including fire ants), fleas, ticks, earwigs, mole crickets, crane flies and more
- Flexible label allows for use in a wide variety of application sites
- Labeled for broadcast lawn, perimeter and mound treatments
- Granules disintegrate rapidly, delivering active ingredient to the desired area
- Granules are uniform in size and shape for better distribution and more even insecticide coverage
- Unique clay-based granular formulation produces significantly less dust
Eliminate Fire Ants and Other Outdoor Pests in Record Time
Lawn pests don’t just crash picnics. Some, like imported fire ants, can pose a serious health risk for humans and pets. As a pest management or turf professional, homeowners count on you, to quickly eliminate these invaders and keep them from coming back. That’s why FMC Professional Solutions has created new Talstar® XTRA granular insecticide, a proprietary, patent-pending solution for outdoor pest control that’s faster than you ever thought possible.
In addition to delivering the long-lasting residual protection, Talstar XTRA granular insecticide is proven to eliminate dangerous fire ant colonies in 4 hours or less. Which means you can help your customer return to their yards with complete peace of mind, sooner than you ever thought possible.
A Groundbreaking Granule
With its unique sand core granular structure, Talstar XTRA granular insecticide has been engineered to offer both you and your customers the ultimate application benefits.
- Heavy sand carrier prevents granules from drifting off target
- Small granule size allows for better product penetration into mulch
- Virtually dust-free
- Low odor
All the Residual You Trust
While fire ants and other pests can be gone in as little as minutes, the residual protection of Talstar XTRA granular insecticide is proven to remain effective for at least 4months.
- On plants intended for aesthetic purposes or climate modification and being grown in interior plantscapes, ornamental gardens, or parks, or lawns or grounds.
- As a perimeter or spot treatment to control pests outdoors, including areas surrounding residential, institutional, public, commercial, and industrial buildings.
- Around parks, recreational areas, and athletic fields.
- Most Ants (including fire ants)
- Annual bluegrass weevil
- Chinch bugs
- Crane flies
- Mole crickets
- Sod webworms
- See label for complete list
1.15-4.6 LBS/1,000 SQ FT
Apply this product directly to the lawn or garden area. Water treated area as directed on the label. Do not water to the point of run-off.
Refer to the product label for specific pest instructions and use rates.
Do not make applications during rain.
Not for use on plants being grown for sale of other commercial use, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes.
Not for use on golf courses, sod farms, nurseries, in commercial greenhouses, or on grass grown for seed.
See label for complete restrictions.