The FEBCO Series 825YA Reduced Pressure Zone Assemblies are used to protect against toxic fluids in water services to industrial plants, hospitals, morgues, mortuaries, and chemical plants. They are also used in irrigation systems, boiler feeds, water lines and other installations requiring the highest level of mechanical protection. End connection – NPT ANSI/ASME B1.20.1
Series 825YA features an industry-preferred "Y"-pattern design, proven reliability & performance and configurable piping options. Series 825YA has the smallest footprint for irrigation application, making them easier to conceal.
- Installation versatility simplifies new and retrofit installations.
- Eliminates pipe elbows, nipples and unions from the installation.
- Reduces installation time, labor costs and materials.
- Compact design simplifies retrofit.
- Integral flanged union connections allow assembly to be removed from the line for freeze protection or maintenance without the danger of spool substitution.
- Approved by the Foundation for Cross-Connection Control and Hydraulic Research at the University of Southern California.
- Modular relief valve and check valve internal components for ease of maintenance.
- Smaller, less costly protective enclosures can be used to provide freeze and vandalism protection due to compact size of valve.
- Field tested design for reliability and performance.
- Replaceable seat rings for longer valve life.
- Low head loss for optimum performance.
The reduced pressure zone assemblies shall consist of two independently operating, spring loaded, "Y" pattern check valves and one hydraulically dependent differential relief valve. Should the differential between the upstream and the zone of the unit drop to 2 PSI (14 kPa), the differential relief valve shall open and maintain the proper differential. Mainline valve body and caps including relief valve body and cover shall be bronze. Check valve moving members shall be center stem guided. Relief valve shall have a removable seat ring. Check valve and relief valve components shall be constructed so they may be serviced without removing the valve body from the line. All seat discs shall be reversible. The assembly shall include flanged unions located between the mainline valve body and the ball valve shutoffs to allow for field removal for freeze protection or maintenance without danger of spool replacement. The assembly shall be rated to 175psi (12.1 bar) water working pressure and water temperature range from 32ºF to 140ºF (0ºC – 60ºC). The assembly shall meet the requirements of the USC Foundation of Cross-connection Control and Hydraulic Research, Eighth Edition. The assembly shall be a FEBCO Series 825YA or prior approved equal.
- Main valve body: Bronze
- Relief valve body: Bronze
- Elastomers: Nitrile Seat Discs
- Diaphragms: Nitrile, fabric reinforced
- Springs: Stainless Steel
Pressure – Temperature
- Maximum working pressure: 175 PSI (12.1 bar)
- Hydrostatic test pressure: 350 PSI (24.1 bar)
- Temperature range: 32ºF to 140ºF (0ºC to 60ºC)