A non-phenoxy herbicide, Confront® specialty herbicide is ideal for high-use areas including golf courses, parks, commercial grounds and other public facilities.
A nonphenoxy herbicide, Confront is ideal for high-use areas, including parks, golf courses, commercial grounds and schools, because it provides superior post-emergence control of more than 35 difficult-to-manage species of broadleaf weeds, including clover, dandelion and oxalis. Confront is not labeled for use on residential turf.
When applied to healthy, well-established turf, under favorable climatic conditions, Confront can be used with little risk of damaging or discoloring turf. And Confront provides 8-12 weeks of control of tough broadleaf weeds, so fewer treatments are required.
How Confront® Specialty Herbicide Works
Confront specialty herbicide works by penetrating the tough outer-leaf coating of emerged weeds before moving through the plant to the roots. Once in the plant system, Confront stimulates it to outgrow its food reserve. Unlike other products that only burn back weeds (allowing them to return in a matter of weeks), Confront knocks down weeds - roots and all.
- Versatility. It can be used in numerous varieties of warmseason and cool-season nonresidential turfgrass.
- Effectiveness. When used according to label directions, Confront specialty herbicide provides close to 100% control of 35 species of hard-to control broadleaf weeds.
- Economical. It provides broad-spectrum weed control with one application, saving the product and labor costs of repeat treatments.
- Low odor. Confront is an excellent choice for commercial grounds and public facilities.
For Use on
- Golf courses
- Commercial grounds and
- Public facilities
- Established cool- and warm-season nonresidential turfgrass, including:
- Bluegrass, perennial (Kentucky)
- Fescue (chewing, sheeps, tall)
- Ryegrass, perennial
- See label for complete listing
As a broad-spectrum herbicide, Confront provides effective post-emergence control of a wide variety of broadleaf weeds, including:
- Broadleaf Plantain
- Clover (red, hop and white)
- Ground ivy
- Narrowleaf Plantain (buckhorn)
- Mouse ear chickweed
- Poison ivy
- Wild buckwheat
- Wild Violet
- See Label for complete list
0.37-0.74 OZ/1,000 SQ FT
The use of this herbicide in the spring when warm season turfgrass is breaking dormancy may significantly delay green up of the turfgrass.
For ground application only.
Make application using equipment that will insure uniform coverage. Sprays should be applied when weeds are actively growing. Application under drought conditions may provide less than desirable results. Broadleaf weed species germinate at different times. Only emerged weeds present at time of application are controlled.
On bentgrass, do not apply more than 1 PT/ACRE (0.37 OZ or 2.5 TSP/1,000 SQ FT) unless turfgrass injury can be tolerated. To minimize turfgrass injury, additional applications should be make at least 4 weeks apart. Avoid swath overlaps.
See Label for complete Application instructions.
Do not reseed for 3 weeks after application.
Do not use Confront on golf course putting greens or tees.
Do not apply to exposed roots of shallow rooted trees and shrubs.
Do not collect grass clipping for mulch or compost or send to a compost facility.
Do not apply on ditches used to transport irrigation water.
Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
See Label for complete restrictions.
Product Label Download SDS