SharkBite Elbows allow the user to connect any combination of copper, PEX CPVC, or PE-RT pipe together to form a 90-degree connection. With no soldering, clamps, unions or glue required, it’s as simple as inserting the pipe into the fitting deep enough to be sealed by our specially-formulated O-ring. Once inserted, the stainless steel teeth bite down and grip the pipe. This push-to-connect fitting is designed for potable water and radiant heating (including underground or behind-the-wall) applications with no access panels required. It is rated up to 200°F and 200 PSI.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Instant push-fit connection for increased ease-of-use:
No soldering, clamps, unions, or glue required.
- Fittings certified to 200 PSI and 200°F (93°C):
Proven durability and quality.
- Fits copper tubing, and CTS CPVC and PEX:
Connects all three types in any combination.
- Integral pipe liner for PEX installations:
Integrated design means no loose components, ensures secure, reliable connection.
- Design certified and agency listed:
Inspector friendly, peace of mind!
- Compact, robust Lead Free DZR brass body:
Foundation of a strong, corrosion resistant, durable fitting.
- Design certified to NSF/ANSI 61, NSF/ASNI 14 and ASSE 1061 product standard for use in potable water and hydronic heating water distribution:
Quality engineered and manufactured.
- Approved to be used underground and behind walls without access panels.
Designed for hydronic heating as well as potable water distribution.
The tube shall be inserted into the SharkBitePTC Fitting in the first stage through a release collar and then through a stainless steel grab ring. The grab ring has teeth that open out and grip onto the tube. At the second stage the tube shall be pushed through an O-ring protector which aligns the pipe. A specially formulated EPDM O-ring shall be compressed between the wall of the fitting and the tube before the end of the tube reaches the tube stop. Only when the pipe has passed through the O-ring and reached the pipe stop shall a secure joint be created. The fitting shall be a SharkBitePTC Fitting.
- Maximum working pressure - 200 PSI
- Maximum temperature - 200°F (93°C)
- Service - Potable water
- Body - DZR Lead Free Brass
- O-ring - EPDM
- Grab ring - Stainless steel
- Tube support liner - Polysulfone
- Natural Brass or Chrome Plated
The SharkBite PTC Fittings have been designed certified and listed to ASSE 1061, NSF/ANSI 61, NSF/ANSI 14, and NSF/ANSI 372. The SharkBite PTC Fittings are listed by IAPMO and are certified for potable and hydronic heating water distribution (note: Glycol mixture for hydronics is acceptable up to 100% concentration). The SharkBite PTC Fittings have been certified for underground applications and as a manufactured joint without access panels and they meet UPC, IPC and cUPC requirements.