Product Label Download SDS
Syngenta Primo Maxx Helps Turf Withstand Stress and be Ready for Game Time
Primo Maxx plant growth regulator helps increase turf density, improve stress tolerance, and enhance playability. Keep the turfgrass you maintain on any golf course or sports field looking its best.
Trust the Most Popular PGR for Nearly 30 Years with Primo Maxx
Primo growth regulator promotes denser, healthier turf that can withstand various stresses, including heat, drought, diseases, and traffic. It slows the production of gibberellic acid, a plant hormone that promotes cell elongation. Vertical shoot growth is slowed, while lateral and below-ground growth of rhizomes, stolons, tillers, and roots is stimulated.
- Foliar absorbed to slow turf growth and promote denser, healthier turf that is better able to withstand stress, including heat, drought, disease, and traffic
- Boosts course aesthetics, enhances playability, improves pre-stress conditioning, and conserves valuable resources like labor and equipment
- Helps maintain lower mowing heights and reduces mowing frequency
- Mixes with turf paint for longer-lasting field lines and can help with divot recovery
- Turfgrasses (Warm-Season and Cool-Season)
- Residential and Commercial Lawns
- Golf Courses
- Sports Fields
- See label for complete list
Apply Primo MAXX to healthy, actively growing turf before the onset of stress. Multiple applications of Primo MAXX will reduce water use and improve drought tolerance. See label for complete details and application instructions.
The Science Behind Syngenta’s Plant Growth Regulators Works Like a Masterpiece
Along with Primo Maxx, Syngenta also has Trimmit 2SC plant growth regulator to help you get the perfect powerhouse combination for turf maintenance. Even offered as a Multipak, these two are essential tools to have in your arsenal. Using plant growth regulators (PGRs) like Primo Maxx and Trimmit can be an art—they have many uses, and how you use them reflects your desired outcome. However, unlike art, the quality of your turf is less subjective and consistent, superior performance is vital. Syngenta has researched and expertly recommended using PGRs for years to provide you with the results you need time and time again.
HOW IT WORKS
Primo Maxx and Trimmit slow turf growth and improve turf quality with their ability to minimize gibberellic acid, a plant hormone that promotes cell elongation. This leads to more compact cells and higher chlorophyll content for enhanced photosynthetic activity. The active ingredient in Trimmit, paclobutrazol, is an early-stage GA synthesis blocker and trinexapac-ethyl, the active ingredient in Primo Maxx, is a late-stage GA synthesis blocker. On many turf sites, these different modes of action are complementary, and a tank mix of Primo Maxx and Trimmit can yield even greater results.
STRONGER FUNGICIDE PERFORMANCE
Slowed turf growth means fewer clippings and/or less mowing time. In turn, fewer clippings allow previously applied contact and systemic fungicides to remain active in the turf longer without being mowed off.
IMPROVED SHADE TOLERANCE
Turf growing in the shade becomes taller and weaker due to an increase in GA (gibberellic acid). Primo Maxx and Trimmit slow the production of this acid, helping to increase turf density.
The aesthetics of your course are the first thing players notice. To help your course make a great first impression, Primo Maxx and Trimmit can visually enhance your turf by:
- Developing greener turf from reduced leaf elongation, concentrating chlorophyll in smaller blades
- Making mowing patterns more pronounced with bold color
- Increasing the density and visual quality of the turf
If aesthetics are the first thing golfers notice, playability is what keeps them coming back. Golfers’ demand for faster greens has meant mowing them ever shorter, leading to stressed turf and inconsistent turf performance. Primo Maxx and Trimmit help increase turf density, improve stress tolerance, and optimize playability on greens, tees, and fairways by:
- Allowing flexibility in mowing heights and higher fertility for turf health while preserving desirable putting speed
- Maintaining more consistent putting speed throughout the day
- Allowing the ball to sit higher on fairways, thus improving the lie and reducing leaf blades between the golf ball and club face