This product is a highly versatile premium standard sized fertilizer that is ideal for the nutrient demands of top quality turf management. The precise balance of nutrients promotes a superior, sustained color response that produces the visual appeal turf professionals desire.
Regain is a stabilized nitrogen additive available in Prevail professional fertilizers. Regain provides the most advanced, continuous protection and stabilization of applied nitrogen, insuring a turf manager’s fertilizer investment against wasteful nitrogen loss. Delivering the nutrient benefits at lower application rates, Regain products can decrease fertilizer costs over similar areas of application.
Up to 50 percent of applied nitrogen can be lost to leaching, volatilization and denitrification. Regain continuously protects and stabilizes applied nitrogen fertilizer by controlling urease – keeping more nitrogen in the ammonium form reducing the loss of nitrogen.
Unlike other nitrogen–fertilizer additives, Regain lets you apply nitrogen when and how it works for you, adding flexibility to your application schedule from fall to spring.
How Regain Works
- Urease is a naturally occurring enzyme that breaks down applied nitrogen, producing nitrogen volatilization.
- Regain bonds with elements in the soil (multi-valent cations) which prevents urease from functioning.
- More of the applied nitrogen stays in the root zone remaining available to the turf for a longer amount of time.
- Regain maintains the nitrogen in the soil in the ammonium form versus the nitrate form, which is more readily absorbed by the turf.
Top Cut® is an organic, nutrient-rich, nitrogen fertilizer source produced from biosolids. The addition of Top Cut to Prevail fertilizers replenishes the organic matter and also improves soil structure by increasing the soil’s ability to absorb and store moisture. Combining Top Cut with other fertilizer components complements the agronomic benefits of natural fertilizers with the quick response and economy of traditional fertilizers.
Top Cut is rich in nitrogen and phosphorus, two primary nutrients essential for turf growth, and also contains micronutrients such as calcium, sulfur, iron and humic acid. Because the nutrients are released as the plant needs it, they are less likely to leach into waterways, which is better for the environment. The slow release feeding also provides more uniform growth, a more established root system and thicker, healthier turf.
Biosolids are an organic byproduct of purification systems that treat domestic wastewater. Biosolids are created after wastewater processing leaves residuals, or solids, from communities’ municipal and private wastewater treatment plants. These residuals are processed multiple times through clarifiers and digesters in which the anaerobic microbes break down the organic matter – in essence, the bacteria utilizes these solids as their food source and converts them into usable and stable organic compounds. The final result of the process is a biosolid, rich in nutrients that plants need to grow and thrive. By recycling these byproducts they remain out of our landfills and provide a beneficial resource to turf managers, farmers and growers.
Quality and Safety
The EPA has certified Top Cut as a “Class A” biosolid with “exceptional quality.” “Class A” biosolids are pathogen-free and can be applied without any restrictions. The long-term practice of recycling biosolids has been subjected to more than 90 years of intensive research, providing worry-free application with predictable results.
Top Cut also has the highest standards in granulation sizing and uniformity index, with minimal odor and dust. The easy handling formulation is also safer for the environment, people and pets.
Benefits of Humic Acid
- Optimizes soil structure to increase soil fertility
- Neutralizes acidic and alkaline soil to release beneficial metal ions and promote nutrient absorption
- Stimulates root growth to improve nutrient uptake
- Increases turf’s ability to withstand stress
Benefits of Calcium
- Helps maintain a chemical balance in the soil, reduces salt content, and improves water penetration
- Stimulates the roots to encourage the uptake of nutrients
- Increases cell wall strength and thickness