This mix is designed for areas where ice melting salt is used such as medians, along sidewalks, and parking lots.
Shoreline is a variety of salinity tolerant slender creeping red fescue. Shoreline was developed as a shade tolerant turfgrass adapted to both low fertility and to salt conditions. It has a medium green color that blends well with other turfgrasses.
Spartan II hard fescue is an excellent variety for lower maintenance situations and likes low fertility acid soils. Spartan II has high NTEP ratings as well as good salt tolerance and is one of the best fine fescues available.
Garnet Creeping Red Fescue has a Very Good rating for salt tolerance and is good in lower maintenance situations.
An Elite Variety of Chewings Fescue is very winter hardy and adapts well to severe turf usage conditions.
Non-Coated Seed Mix
20% Garnet Creeping Red Fescue
20% Shoreline Slender Creeping Red Fescue
20% Mercury Kentucky Bluegrass
15% Spartan II Hard Fescue
10% Quatro Sheep Fescue
15% Elite Variety Chewings Fescue
Coated Seed Mix
10% Garnet Creeping Red Fescue
10% Shoreline/Lighthouse Slender Creeping Red Fescue
10% Mercury Kentucky Bluegrass
7.5% Spartan II Hard Fescue
5% Quatro Sheep Fescue
7.5% Winward Chewings Fescue
50% Pro Nitro + Seed Enhancement
ProNitro™ Plus contains:
- Fine Fescue Seed – ensures availability of these low maintenance species especially important for shade sites
- Water Absorber – enhances germination with less initial water applications
- Water release slowly to the Seed – slow release means better germination with less inputs
- ProNitro™ Coated with fertilizer – natural color blends with uncoated grass seed
- Beneficial mycorrhizae – supports faster plant establishment
For Use On
- Areas where salt is used
- Along sidewalks
- Parking lots
Non-Coated Seeding Rate
3-5 LBS/1,000 SQ FT (150-225 LBS/ACRE)
Coated Seeding Rate
5-7 LBS/1,000 SQ FT (225-325 LBS/ACRE)