Fine Fescue Links Blend is a combination of three different varieties of elite fine fescues designed to adapt well in northern areas. It works well in many applications on golf courses and in natural low maintenance turf areas. Fine fescues persist well in both shade and full sun, can survive with limited watering and will grow in soils that are droughty, acid and infertile.
Spartan II Hard Fescue is one of the best hard fescues available on the market today with high quality ratings from NTEP. It has excellent disease resistance, winter hardiness and close mowing tolerance. It creates an attractive turf with a medium dark green color and very fine leaf texture.
Jasper II creeping red fescue is a strong spreading variety with 2n-56 chromosomes. It has a dark green color with a very fine leaf texture and maintains excellent turf density. Jasper II has excellent winter hardiness and close mowing tolerance but can be used as an attractive ground cover with infrequent mowing.
Quatro Sheeps Fescue is classed under the subtype of hard fescue which includes hard, sheep and blue fescue. It is slow growing, very stress, drought and shade tolerant. It is perfect for environmentally sensitive sites since it requires little or no fertility and has low water requirements after establishment.
Non-Coated Seed Mix
50% Spartan II Hard Fescue
20% Jasper II Creeping Red Fescue
30% Quatro Sheep Fescue
Coated Seed Mix
25% Spartan II Hard Fescue
10% Jasper II Creeping Red Fescue
15% Quatro Sheeps Fescue
50% Pro Nitro + Seed Enhancement
ProNitro™ Plus contains:
- Fine Fescue Seed – ensures availability of these low maintenance species especially important for shade sites
- Water Absorber – enhances germination with less initial water applications
- Water release slowly to the Seed – slow release means better germination with less inputs
- ProNitro™ Coated with fertilizer – natural color blends with uncoated grass seed
- Beneficial mycorrhizae – supports faster plant establishment
For Use On
- Golf Courses
- Natural low maintenance turf areas
- Shade and full sun areas
Non-Coated Seeding Rate
4-6 LBS/1,000 SQ FT (175-250 LBS/ACRE)
Coated Seeding Rate
5–7 LBS/1,000 SQ FT (225-325 LBS/ACRE)