Apex-C™ is the new Calcium Chloride formula added to the MeltDown line of products. It was created with a combination of proprietary additives and organic polymers that provide corrosion protection and enhanced performance even at the lowest temperatures in winter. This unique formula breaks the bond of ice and snow at the surface and works to decrease snow pack build up. When combined with a 1:1 ratio of water from melting snow and ice, it will not refreeze until approximately 0℉ while 32% Calcium Chloride freezes at 8℉.
Corrosion Control and Safer Roads
Aiding in corrosion control, Apex-C™ can be applied directly to paved surfaces to prevent snow and ice bonding – resulting in safer roads. It also lowers the refreezing point, creating less ice for faster snow removal while increasing traction. Not only does it meet the PNS specifications for corrosion, but provides corrosion protection that is 70% better than standard 32% Calcium Chloride products. All of these benefits means your long-term cost of road sustainability is drastically reduced.
- Breaks bonds of ice and snow at the surface
- Appears clear to amber with little to no odor
- Can be applied directly to road surface
- Does not separate or require agitation in storage
- Provides a longer cycle time between snowplow routes
- Lowers costs of repairs and damage to vehicles and infrastructure
- Does not stain and is environmentally sensitive
- Performs consistently and reliably