Cutless MEC Turf Growth Regulator is a Type II Class B plant growth regulator (PGR) which reduces leaf blade length and stem internode elongation in turfgrasses resulting in a more compact growth form.
Growth regulation results from suppression of gibberellic acid biosynthesis. Under normal growing conditions root growth and lateral expansion of turf are not affected. An appropriate fertility program for the desired turf species should be followed in conjunction with Cutless MEC applications to provide best turfgrass enhancement and reduce potential for discoloration.
Unique Chemistry, Outstanding Results
With unique pyrimidine chemistry, Cutless interrupts the functions of gibberellic acid, reducing plant growth rate without sacrificing development. Individual plant cells continue to divide and grow at a reduced rate.
- Inhibited growth of some annual grasses such Poa annua, crabgrass, goosegrass, foxtail and annual sedges
- Increased turf density with reduced mowing requirements
- Reduced leaf-area results in water conservation increases from 11-29%
- Reduced Poa annua populations by as much as 50-80% in the first year with programmed applications.
Features & Benefits
- Enhances turfgrass color and quality - Improves playability, striping and overall aesthetics
- Minimal impact to bentgrass germination - No need to delay applications around interseeding. Allows for flexibility when timing applications around interseeding.
- Suppresses Dollar Spot - Outbreaks will be less severe and frequent
- Efficient, controlled Poa annua suppression and conversion - Allows for flexibility in Poa suppression and conversion aggressiveness.
- Reduces turf water-use - Preserves Earth's most precious resource and budgets.
- Does not inhibit lateral regrowth - Rapid recovery of divots and ball marks
Turf color and post-treatment turf management
Turfgrass treated with Cutless may appear darker green in color. This color change, which appears 1-2 weeks after treatment, may persist an additional 3-6 weeks. Treated areas should be managed to encourage the growth of a healthy, vigorous turf.
Poa Annua Conversion
The best way to rid your course of Poa annua using a PGR is to stay on the Cutless Program throughout the growing season. Cutless® selectively suppresses the growth of Poa annua to a greater degree than desirable perennial turfgrass, such as creeping bentgrass, shifting the competitive growth advantage away from Poa annua and towards creeping bentgrass.
Over time creeping bentgrass is able to laterally grow, or "creep," into the suppressed Poa annua stand, resulting in a consistent and gradual conversion from Poa annua to creeping bentgrass with minimal disruption to playability.
Active Ingredient: Flurprimidol
- Cool season grasses
- Kentucky Bluegrass
- Perennial Ryegrass
- Warm season grasses
- Seashore Paspalum
- Dollar Spot
- See label for complete list
Cutless is primarily root-absorbed. To maximize growth regulator activity, treated areas should receive 0.25-0.5" of rain or supplemental irrigation within 24 HRS following application and prior to the first mowing after treatment.
See label for complete application instructions.
Do not apply to putting greens other than predominantly bentgrass.
Do not apply to overseeded bermudagrass putting greens.
Do not apply to sod farms, turfgrasses grown for seed, including plants or plant materials grown for sale or research purposes.
Do not apply to shrubs, bedding plants, and/or food plants.
Do not apply during prolonged periods of temperature (heat or cold) or moisture stress. Also avoid applications during periods of extreme disease and insect pressure.
See label for complete restrictions.
Product Label Download SDS