MICROYL is a unique activator adjuvant that provides superior performance and improved turfgrass safety at lower use rates when compared to ordinary crop oil concentrates. MICROYL™ is a combination of a nonionic surfactant and synthetic oil that reduces injury to turfgrass, while forming a stable micro emulsion with no residue. Use MICROYL with products like Drive, MSMA, Basagran®, and Sedgehammer™ to control weeds such as dollarweed, torpedograss and sedges in sensitive grasses such as creeping bentgrass.
Improve the performance of Drive® herbicide with Microyl. Drive® herbicide, active ingredient Quinclorac, is a postemergence herbicide labeled for the control of many broadleaf and grass weeds. Drive 75 DF is absorbed by foliage and roots and translocated throughout the plant. To achieve consistent weed control, BASF recommends adding methylated seed oil to the tank mix; however, adding MSOs or adjuvants may cause leaf burn on fine turf when relative humidity and temperature are high. Trials conducted at North Carolina State University show that MICROYL improves the performance of Drive without sacrificing turf quality.
Active Ingredient: Paraffin base petroleum oil
For use on:
- For use with pesticides registered for:
- Golf courses
- Sod farms
- Commercial and residential turfgrass areas
- Sports grass playing suraces
Directions for use:
By volume: 3-4 PINTS per 100 GAL of spray solution.
By acre: Apply at 10–12 OZ/ACRE in a volume of water sufficient to provide coverage.
In the absence of specific mixing instructions found on the pesticide label, fill the spray tank with at least 50% of the desired finished carrier volume. When premixing in a mixing vessel or inductor, fill with at least 20% of the desired finished carrier volume. While the carrier is agitating, add tank mix ingredients in the following order:
1. Compatibility agent and/or antifoam, if needed
2. AMS, dry formulations (WP, DF, WDG, SP), and dry drift retardants
3. Dry soluble and suspension fertilizers / micronutrients
4. Liquid drift retardants and flowable formulations (F & FL)
5. Liquid concentrates, suspension and microencapsulated (LC, SC, ME)
6. Emulsifiable concentrates (E, EL or EC)
7. Solutions and soluble liquids (S or SL)
8. Liquid micronutrients and fertilizers
9. Water conditioners and other adjuvants (COC, HSOC, MSO, NIS)
10. Finish filling to desired spray volume level and continue agitation
See Label for complete application instructions.
- If product freezes, warm to room temperature and shake or recirculate before use.
- Keep containers sealed when not in use.
- Store in original container only. Do not reuse empty container.
- Triple rinse (or equivalent) during mixing and loading. Recycling decontaminated containers is the best option of container disposal.
See Label for complete restrictions.
Product Label Download SDS