Mesotrione applied at planting prevents the emergence of crabgrass seedlings and controls broadleaf weeds without harming desirable turf grasses.
Active Ingredient: Mesotrione
- For use on newly seeded or over-seeded established plantings of the following grasses: Kentucky bluegrass, centipedegrass, tall fescue, fine fescue (creeping red, chewings, hard), and perennial ryegrass.
- Home lawns
- Recreational areas
- Golf courses
- Sod Farms
- common chickweed
- corn speedwell
- hairy bittercress
- white clover
- black medic
- hop clover
- ground ivy
- broadleaf plantain
- buckhorn plantain
- Carolina plantain
- Shepherd’s purse
- common purslane
- common lambsquarters
- wild violets
- and other broadleaf weeds.
See label for complete list of weeds controlled
40 LBS treats 9,300 SQ FT (0.21 ACRE) at 187 LBS product/ACRE – (4.3 LBS/1,000 SQ FT rate)
Best results will be obtained if 1/4" to 1/2" of water is provided by rainfall or irrigation within three days of treatment. Dry conditions following application may reduce herbicide activity.
Mesotrione may cause temporary whitening of turfgrass foliage. In general, symptoms appear five to seven days after application and may last up to 14 days. Discoloration is most likely to occur on ryegrass lawns and turf.
Newly Seeded or Over Seeded Area: Mesotrione applied at planting prevents the emergence of crabgrass seedlings and controls broadleaf weeds without harming desirable turf grasses listed below. Turfgrass and lawns may be seeded and weeds controlled at the same time. Apply mesotrione impregnated on fertilizer as the last step in the planting process.
Spring Seeding: Apply 187 LBS of fertilizer (0.15 LBS active ingredient per ACRE of mesotrione impregnated on fertilizer) per ACRE of turf. Apply 4.3 LBS of this product per 1,000 SQ FT. Apply to newly seeded or to over-seeded established plantings of the following grasses: Kentucky bluegrass, centipedegrass, tall fescue, fine fescue (creeping red, chewings, hard), and perennial ryegrass. Mesotrione may reduce the density of fine fescue seedlings. Mesotrione can be used on grass seed blends that contain less than 20% by weight of fine fescue (creeping red, chewings, hard).
See Label for complete application instructions.
- This product may contaminate water through drift of spray in wind. This product has a high potential for runoff for several weeks after application. Poorly draining soils and soils with shallow water tables are more prone to produce runoff that contains this product. A level, well maintained vegetative buffer strip between areas to which this product is applied and surface water features such as ponds, streams, and springs will reduce the potential for contamination of water from runoff. Runoff of this product will be reduced by avoiding applications when rainfall is forecasted to occur within 48 hours. Sound erosion control practices will reduce this product’s contribution to surface water contamination.
- Do not apply more than 0.45 pounds of mesotrione active ingredient per treatment site per year.
- Do not use this product on flowers, shrubs, trees, fruit or vegetable plants. Cana, day lilies and irises are especially susceptible to injury.
- Do not graze or feed livestock forage from areas treated with this product.
- Do not treat golf course greens with this product.
- Do not apply to Bentgrass, Bermudagrass (common), improved seeded Bermudagrass, Zoysiagrass, Dichondra, Kikuyugrass, Bahiagrass or Lippia lawns and turf.
- Do not apply on organophosphate or carbamate insecticide within seven days of an application of this product as turf injury may occur.
See Label for complete restrictions.
Product Label Download SDS