Product Label Download SDS
Contec DG combines premium turf nutrients and our patented Dispersing Granule (DG) Technology into a homogeneous granule designed to optimize granular applied turf nutrition.
ENHANCED NUTRIENT DISTRIBUTION
Upon contact with water, each granule disperses into thousands of micro particles that quickly move through the turf canopy into the root zone. This allows for a drier, firmer, residue-free playing surface with less downtime, turning time for WORK into time for PLAY.
IMPROVED PLAYING CONDITIONS
LESS INTERRUPTION OF PLAY
Contec DG requires less watering to disperse the nutrient granules allowing for less downtime and a drier and firmer playing surface.
NO STICKY RESIDUE
Contec DG melts into the turf canopy. The result is no sticky fertilizer residue which can accumulate on shoes, balls, and equipment.
OPTIMIZED TURF NUTRITION
Contec DG is designed to optimize granular turf nutrition by combining premium nutrients with our Dispersing Granule Technology.
Because Contec DG is homogeneous and disperses into thousands of micro particles, turf managers have the ability to apply Contec DG at low rates and still achieve complete nutrient coverage without speckling.
With over twenty different formulations, Contec DG is designed to meet a wide variety of turf and soil conditions.
Active Ingredient: Plant nutrients derived from ammonium phosphate, methylene ureas, urea and potassium sulfate.
- Use Contec DG® Dispersing Granule Technology 18-24-5 where a high phosphate fertilization is desired.
50 LBS feeds 15,900 SQ FT (0.37 ACRE) with 0.75 LB P2O5/1,000 SQ FT at the LIGHT RATE (3.13 LBS/1,000 SQ FT)
50 LBS feeds 11,900 SQ FT (0.27 ACRE) with 1.00 LB P2O5/1,000 sSQ FT at the LOW RATE (4.20 LBS/1,000 SQ FT)
50 LBS feeds 9,500 SQ FT (0.22 ACRE) with 1.25 LB P2O5/1,000 SQ FT at the MEDIUM RATE (5.21 LBS/1,000 SQ FT)
50 LBS feeds 8,000 SQ FT (0.18 ACRE) with 1.50 LB P2O5/1,000 SQ FT at the HIGH RATE (6.25 LBS/1,000 SQ FT)
- Apply only as directed during the growing season.
- Watering in this product will disperse each granule into thousands of particles. This will facilitate the movement of the nutrients into the soil. This particle dispersion will also greatly reduce ball, shoe and mower pickup. Cold weather and/or cold water (lower than 45°F / 7°C) can result in slower particle dispersion. Due to particle sizing, this product is not recommended for use on greens.
- Immediately after application, apply a minimum of 0.2" of water to disperse particles into the root zone. Due to variations in temperature and water pH, best results are achieved by splitting the irrigation into 2 applications at 10-15 minutes apart. This will allow for more thorough particle dispersion into the root zone.
- This product should be used when a soil test has been conducted, within the last 36 months, and the test indicates that the soil is deficient in plant available phosphorous or the intended use is for establishing grass or repairing damaged grass during the growing season in which the grass is established.
Spreading with PTO driven spreaders: Excessive agitation of Contec DG can result in damage to the Contec DG particles. Keep the PTO operating at 540 rpm or less. DO NOT use agitation bars or stir bars, as this can result in the premature breakdown of Contec DG granules. When not in the process of spreading the product, the PTO should be disengaged.
See Label for complete application instructions.
- Store in a clean, dry place.
- Reseal opened bag by folding top down and securing.
- Use only clean, dry spreaders.
- Do not leave unused product in spreaders.
- Do not apply near water, storm drains or drainage ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected. Apply this product only to your lawn and sweep any product that lands on the driveway, sidewalk or street, back onto your lawn.
See Label for complete restrictions.