Medium bodied, fast setting, Low VOC PVC cement for all classes and schedules with interference fit through 6″ (160 mm) diameter, Schedule 80 through 4″ (110 mm) diameter. Quality formulation for irrigation, electrical conduit, pool & spa and plumbing, including PVC foam core pipe. Can be used without primer on non-pressure systems if local codes permit.
WELD-ON® 704™ is a clear or gray, low VOC emission, medium bodied, fast setting, high strength PVC solvent cement for all classes and schedules of pipe and fittings with interference fit through 6 inch (160 mm) diameter, Schedule 80 through 4 inch (110 mm) diameter. Can be used without primer on non-pressure systems if local codes permit.
Weld-On 704 is for use on all types of PVC plastic pipe applications, Type I and Type II. It is suitable for use with potable water pressure systems, irrigation, turf, foam core, conduit, sewer, drain, waste and vent systems. Detailed directions on making solvent cemented joints are printed on the container label. An installation DVD/CD covering solvent cementing is available. It not only describes the basic principles of solvent cementing, but also covers the handling, storage and use of our products. It is highly recommended that the installer review the instructions supplied by the pipe and fitting manufacturer. NOTE: Weld-On solvent cements must never be used in a PVC system using or being tested by compressed air or gases; including air-over-water booster.
STANDARDS AND CERTIFICATION LISTINGS:
- Meets ASTM D 2564 Standard.
- Meets SCAQMD Rule 1168/316A.
- Compliant with LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). When using this WELD-ON Low VOC product, credit can be claimed for LEED Green Building Rating System - Indoor Environmental Quality.
- Listed by NSF International for compliance with ASTM D 2564, NSF/ANSI Standard 14 and NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for use in potable water, drain, waste, vent and sewer applications.
- Gray Cement Only - Meets CSA standards B137.3 and B181.2 for use in pressure and non-pressure potable water, drain, waste, and vent applications.
- Listed by IAPMO for compliance with ASTM D 2564 and applicable sections of the latest edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code®.