ADS single wall corrugated HDPE pipe is ideal for drainage projects where flexibility, light weight and low cost are important. ADS single wall corrugated pipe has kept farms, golf courses, parks and playing fields dry for decades by channeling away excess underground moisture. Homeowners find it to be an economical, easy–to–install solution to all kinds of residential storm water drainage problems: downspouts run offs, foundation and window well drains, driveway culverts and wet spots on the lawn. ADS single wall HDPE pipe is also used for highway edge drains, culverts and other construction applications where economy and durability are important.
- Parking Lots
- Paths & Walkway Drains
- Field Drainage
- Slope, Edge, Foundations
- Golf Courses Downspouts/Roof Drainage
- Sports Playing Fields
- Waterway Terracing
- Grain Aeration
- Land Reclamation
- Pond Overflows & Dams
- Irrigation Ditch Enclosures
Features & Benefits:
- Available in varying stick and coil lengths depending on the diameter. Longer lengths result in fewer joints
- Easy-to-handle, safe, lightweight pipe requires less labor and equipment for faster installation and reduced costs
- AASHTO HS-25 (Highway traffic loads) rated with a minimum of 12” (300 mm) of cover for 3” - 8” (75 - 200 mm) diameters
- Provides superior resistance to chemicals, road salts, motor oil and gasoline - will not rust, deteriorate or crumble
- Withstands repeated freeze/thaw cycles and continuous sub-zero temperatures
Joint Performance: Soil–tight
Joining System: Cleated bell, split, internal and snap couplers
Specifications: AASHTO M 252, AASHTO M 294, ASTM F 405, ASTM F 606
This specification describes 3" - 24" (75 to 600 mm) ADS single wall heavy duty corrugated polyethylene highway pipe for use in gravity-flow drainage applications.
ADS single wall corrugated heavy duty pipe shall have annular interior and exterior corrugations.
- 3" - 6" (75 to 150 mm) shall meet ASTM F405.
- 8" - 24" (200 to 600 mm) shall meet ASTM F667
Joints for 3" - 24" shall be made with split or snap couplings. Standard connections shall meet the requirements of the ASTM F405 or ASTM F667. Gasketed connections shall incorporate a closed-cell synthetic expanded rubber gasket meeting the requirements of ASTM D1056 Grade 2A2. Gaskets, when applicable, shall be installed by the pipe manufacturer.
Fittings shall conform to ASTM F405 or ASTM F667.
Pipe and fitting material shall be high density polyethylene conforming with the minimum requirements of cell classification 423410C as defined and described in the latest version of ASTM D3350; or ASTM D1248 Type III, Class C, Category 4, Grade P33.
Installation shall be in accordance with ASTM D2321 and ADS recommended installation guidelines
with the exception that minimum cover in trafficked areas for 3" through 24" diameters shall be 1'.